Monday, November 24, 2008

Chicken Salad

6 chicken breasts (or two large cans of chicken, works great, I promise)
3 c. grapes
2 c. celery
1 c. mayo
1/4 c. sour cream
1 (8oz.) pkg cream cheese
1 lemon (or you can use lemon juice from fridge)
1 T lemon pepper
1/2 T seasoned salt
1/2 c. chopped almonds (optional)

If you're using chicken that's not in cans, boil it on high for 30-45 minutes, cool for 1-2 hrs, then cut into cubes and squeeze the lemon over it. If you're using the cans, open them and sprinkle lemon juice on the chicken. Let the chicken sit while you make the rest of the salad.

Cut grapes into quarters, chop celery (I like it in small pieces). In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, lemon pepper, and seasoned salt. In a large bowl, combine with grapes, celery, and chicken. Is great as a sandwich or over lettuce as a salad. I like to toast the bread.

As a sidenote, this makes a cubic buttload. I half the recipe every time I make it. You can also make the full amount of sauce (using the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, lemon pepper, and seasoned salt) while halving the rest of the ingredients and add a two cups of your favorite cooked pasta and eat it as a cold salad.

1 comment:

mickelsenfamily said...

Hey Emily,
I know this has nothing to do with recipes but I haven't known how to get a hold of you. I'd still love to read your blog and stay caught up with your family happenings. If would wouldn't mind can I have access to your blog? My email is zweify@yahoo.com. Thanks a bunch! Jaime Mickelsen