Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taco Pasta Shells

This one was kind of a fun take on Tacos. I'm always trying to trick my kids into eating different things, especially meat. I swear they're vegetarians. Anyway, they love noodles and they tolerate tacos, so I made these the other night. It's an adaptation of a recipe I found in my sister's ward cookbook.

12 Jumbo pasta shells
1/2 med. onion, chopped
6 oz. cream cheese
1 c. grated cheese
1 lb ground beef (I used turkey burger)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 small jar taco sauce (about a cup) -- the recipe says you can also use red enchilada sauce
Fritos
Sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil pasta shells. Cook hamburger in onion until brown. Add taco seasoning and prepare as on the packet. Add cream cheese and heat slowly until melty. Spread 1/4 c. taco sauce in bottom of pan. Fill shells with meat mixture. Top with the rest of the taco sauce and melted cheese. I think some sliced olives would have been nice too, but I was a little time crunched that night. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Serve with Fritos and sour cream.

No comments: