Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jana's Chocolate Chip Cookies


I challenge anyone to find a better chocolate chip cookie recipe than this one. I've searched far and wide and this one is the clear favorite. It came from a student of Dave's and we thank her for it every time we use it. Not literally, just in our thoughts. I usually use the large milk chocolate chips, but the picture shows them with mini M&M's, which were fun as well.

2 cups + 2 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbs butter, melted and cooled until just warm
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2tsp vanilla
chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine butter with sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and stir until mixed well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir. Add chocolate chips and drop onto cookie sheets (I line them with parchment paper -- worth the investment, if you ask me) and bake 15-18 minutes. Half way through the baking time, rotate your trays top to bottom, back to front for even baking. I take them out before they brown on the edges and let them sit on the pan for 2 or 3 minutes before putting them on the cooling rack because I like them soft and chewy.

No comments: